We have our own foster carers whom we assess, train and support through the fostering task. We provide a 24 hour on call service and paid respite.
There are some essential criteria however:
- You must be over 25 years of age
- You must have a spare bedroom
- You must have a full drivers licence
- We offer ongoing training to all our foster carers
- We have a support worker available to provide practical support on a day to day basis
- We provide paid respite to all our foster carers
- We provide regular contact and supervision with dedicated Link Worker.
- We provide 24/365 on call support from qualified social workers
- We offer regular clinical support groups to all our foster carers
This allowance is paid directly from Oak Lodge fostering Services to your bank account and is a tax free allowance. You will be provided with an information sheet about what the allowance covers but basically it is to meet all the costs of caring for a child.
This is a relatively straightforward process, please feel free to contact us to discuss the benefits of fostering with Oak Lodge, with no obligation.
Should you decide to proceed with a transfer one of our social workers will guide you through the process.