Supports and Training
Oak Lodge is dedicated to supporting our foster carers with the fostering task. We are a small agency and therefore know all our foster carers well and encourage them to contact us with any queries or concerns they might have.
If you contact us outside of office hours because you are concerned about a child in your care; the on call worker will be a member of our team that knows you, your family and the child well. Foster carers tell us that knowing the person on the end of the phone line is reassuring.
We are available to our carers to discuss any issues that arise; sometimes just talking it through is enough and other times we need to put practical supports in place to help get through a challenging situation.
We can tailor all our services to suit a foster carer’s individual needs.
- We offer ongoing training to all our foster carers
- We have a support worker available to provide practical support on a day to day basis
- We provide regular contact and supervision with dedicated Link Worker.
- We provide paid respite
- We provide 24 hour, 365 days a year on call support from qualified social workers
- We offer regular clinical support groups to all our foster carers